Edamame is basically a Japanese dish that contains salted green soybeans that are prepared and boiled in the pods and is usually served as a premium snack in a number of Japanese restaurants. It is one of the most famous appetizers in Japanese cuisine.
Many people don’t know that edamame is basically soya beans that are not fully developed. These are immature soybeans that are green in colour and have a crunchy texture. They are used commonly in East Asia.
The difference in edamame and soya beans
Most of the time when people consume soya beans they take them out of their pods however edamame are premature soya beans that are boiled or steamed along with the pods. The presence of pods gives them a very crunchy texture. The texture and the nutritional significance of edamame is pretty similar to premature green beans
In the following literature we are going to discuss some facts which will help you decide is edamame keto friendly or not?
What is keto?
Many people ask is edamame keto to answer it , first you have to learn what is keto?
Ketogenic diet is basically a type of diet in which you limit the use of carbohydrates and focus on consuming food rich in fats and proportion of proteins. Any vegetable or fruit that is low on carbohydrates can be easily consumed in a ketogenic diet. When we talk about edamame we can see that it falls in a grey area when it comes to keto.
Edamame has a very unique nutritional profile and some of these attributes are listed below:
This profile is explained per 100 gram serving of edamame beans:
- It contains 3.7 gram net carbohydrates
- The total fibre content is 5.2 gram
- 12 gram of protein is present per hundred gram of edamame
- And fat content is around 5.2 grams out of which 1.3 g are saturated in nature.
- 11.9 gram protein is present per serving.
- 100 gram serving of edamame contains total 121 calories
It also contains a number of vitamins some of which are:
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin k
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
- Pantothenic acid
Along with containing a number of of vitamins it is also a rich source of many minerals that are listed below:
The Million Dollar Question: Is edamame keto?
If you take a serving of 3.7 g you can say that is edamame keto phenomena applicable. However the most important part of the game is that if you are taking edamame on keto you have to be very careful about your serving size. If what you think is edamame keto friendly and you start eating it above the serving size it will eventually kick you out of the keto cycle.
Similarly edamame can be consumed on a low carb diet with close eye on the net intake of carbohydrates.
For people who are following a keto diet very strictly it is not possible to consider edamame keto friendly. The reason is that if you are taking 5 grams of carbohydrates in 24 hours it would be impossible for you to take edamame.
Why we find it hard to answer is edamame keto friendly?
There are a number of reasons why we cannot say that edamame is keto friendly. One of the very obvious reasons is that it is a legume and legumes are prohibited when someone is on a keto diet. Legumes have a hard shell and they are very difficult to digest and take a longer time to absorb into the bloodstream. Legumes, particularly edamame, contain some nutrients that bind up in the digestive system and make the process of absorption slow.
Another reason why it is hard to answer Is edamame keto friendly? , is the fact that it’s high in carbohydrates as compared to fats. We all know that on keto diet the amount of carbohydrate is kept very little and if someone is taking edamame on keto it will surely disturb his net carbohydrates intake resultantly he will be thrown out of the ketogenic cycle.
Another school of thought answer the question is edamame keto friendly or not says that legumes including soybeans and edamame can trigger inflammation, delayed digestion and many other digestive issues that are surely not affordable for a person who is on a strict ketogenic diet.
Evidence-based studies state that legumes contain some entire nutrients that can inhibit the process of digestion and ultimately can delay absorption.
When someone is on a ketogenic diet it is always advised that they should look for alternative vegetables like Kale and Spanish that contain the equal amount of nutritional nutrients and minerals as soybean and edamame but their net carb and calorie count is very low. These low-carb vegetables can help them to maintain a strict ketogenic diet along with compensating the dietary deficiency.
Under what circumstances can you use edamame ?
If a vegetarian or vegan person is waiting to start any crash diet like ketogenic diet, using edamame can be a very reasonable option for him so that he can maintain his protein and fibre intake From 100% plant source.
Is edamame keto friendly?
Edamame is a legume and legumes are hard to digest. That’s why it is not a best option when someone is on a ketogenic diet because this will stop the process of ketosis in the cells.
What is Edamame keto alternatives?
If you are on a ketogenic diet it is more preferable for you to use vegetables like Spanish and Kale because these are very rich in minerals and vitamins but have a very small cal count along with a very small net carbohydrate value.
What are the net carbs in edamame?
Per 100 gram of edamame we have 8.7 gram of carbohydrates out of which 5.2 g are fibres and 3.7 grams net carbohydrate.
The Only Bean - Crunchy Roasted Edamame Beans (Sea Salt) - Keto Snacks (1g Net) - High Protein Healthy Snacks (14g Protein) - Low Carb & Calorie, Gluten-Free Snack, Vegan Keto Food - 4 oz (3 Pack)
- HIGH PROTEIN SUPER-SNACK: Packed with 14 grams of complete plant-based protein – one serving of delicious Crunchy Roasted Beans can easily replace a standard protein bar or protein shake / powder.
- LOW-CARB & KETO FRIENDLY: Enjoy a small handful or the whole bag at once! With only 1 gram of net carbs per serving, Crunchy Roasted Edamame Beans are a guilt-free keto food, and a great protein packed chip-alternative!
- BETTER FOR YOU: A healthy, low carb snack for every lifestyle and diet. Crunchy Roasted Edamame Beans are keto friendly, gluten-free, grain-free, kosher, high protein snack that's also a perfect vegetarian / vegan snack with low sugar, no cholesterol, high fiber and low-GI (for a great diabetic snack). It’s the ideal healthy adult snack for weight loss and diet goals!
- CRUNCHY, DELICIOUS, and FUN: Our beans are dry roasted, never-fried, and seasoned to perfection for a satisfying, savory, CRUNCH on every bite! Enjoy it straight from the bag, as a salad topper for extra crunch, or on top of your meal for added fuel!
- SNACKING ON THE GO: Fight hunger and stay fueled with energy on the go. Keep our resealable bags in your backpack, car, gym or trail/hiking bag - wherever adventure takes you.
The Only Bean - Organic Edamame Fettuccine Pasta - High Protein, Keto Friendly, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Non-GMO, Kosher, Low Carb, Plant-Based Bean Noodles - 8 oz (1 Pack)
- PASTA FOR EVERY LIFESTYLE: Our pasta is USDA organic certified, non-GMO, gluten-free, keto friendly, low carb, grain-free, kosher, vegan, vegetarian, zero cholesterol, low sodium, and low-GI (for diabetes / diabetics, celiac). Explore the possibilities!
- HIGH PROTEIN & FIBER: Pasta that's actually HEALTHY for you! Packed with over 40 grams of complete plant-based protein and 19 grams of fiber (per 3.5 ounce serving) for stronger muscles and healthier digestion
- LOW-CARB SUPERCHARGED PASTA: With only 9 grams of net carbs (per 2 oz serving), you can rediscover cuisines that you thought were out of reach!
- ONE INGREDIENT SUPERFOOD: Each type of pasta is made with ONE ingredient - Edamame, Soybeans, or Black Soybeans for sustained plant-based power to carry you throughout the day
- EASY TO MAKE: Our delicious noodles cook in just 3-5 minutes, so you can spend more time eating and less time cooking!
The Only Bean - Soy, Black Bean, and Edamame Spaghetti & Fettuccine - Gluten Free Pasta, Keto Low Carb Pasta Noodles, Protein Pasta, Organic Healthy Noodles, Vegan Pasta - 8 oz (6 Pack) (Variety Pack)
- PASTA FOR EVERY LIFESTYLE: Our healthy organic pasta is USDA organic certified, non-GMO, gluten-free noodles that are keto friendly, low carb, grain-free, and kosher. Also a zero cholesterol, vegetarian and vegan pasta with low sodium, and low-GI impact (for diabetes / diabetics, celiac)!
- HIGH FIBER & HIGH PROTEIN PASTA: Pasta that's actually HEALTHY for you! Packed with over 40 grams of complete plant-based protein and 19 grams of fiber (per 3.5 ounce serving) for stronger muscles and healthier digestion
- SUPERCHARGED LOW CARB KETO PASTA: With only 9 grams of net carbs (per 2 oz serving), you can explore and rediscover cuisines that you thought were out of reach!
- ONE INGREDIENT SUPERFOOD: Each type of pasta is made with ONE ingredient - Edamame, Soybeans, or Black Soybeans for sustained plant-based power to carry you throughout the day. These soy, black soybean, and edamame pasta / noodles are way cleaner than traditional pastas, chickpea pastas, and even other edamame noodles!
- EASY TO MAKE: Our delicious noodles cook in just 3-5 minutes, so you can spend more time eating and less time cooking!
Nature’s Heart | Healthy Mixed Nuts Snack | Keto, Gluten Free, Vegan, Low Carb, Paleo | Ethically Sourced | Ginger Miso Edamame Crunch (Pack of 3)…
|Size||4 Ounce (Pack of 3)|
Keto Nuts Low Carb High Protein Snacks - Black Soy Nuts 14g proteins (sea salt) Keto Snacks Black Soy Beans. Vegan Healthy non gmo Gluten Free Crunchy edamame Seeds (3-Packs) zero carbs added
- Did you know that Edamame is a young soybean harvested before full maturity?
- Black soy beans has at least 1.8 times more antioxidant activity than yellow soybeans
- Low carb snack that is plant base suitable for Keto Diet
- High fiber and high protein vegan snacks edamame beans
- 14g Protein, 8g Fiber, only 2g net carbs
LIVIVA High Protein Keto-Certified Organic Edamame Spaghetti 7 Ounce (Pack of 6)
- High in plant-based protein and fiber, low in net carbs: only 7 grams per serving
- 100% Organic, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Vegan, Keto, Halal & Kosher certified
- 22 Grams of Protein, 17 Grams of Fiber, 5 Grams Net Carbs per serving
- Organic bean pasta is a healthy alternative to regular pasta
- Great taste and texture, cooks in 2-4 minutes
Seapoint Farms Organic Edamame Spaghetti, Healthy Gluten-Free Noodles, 7.05 Oz, Pack of 3
- A high-protein Vegan food: Seapoint Farms Organic edamame spaghetti is perfect for plant-based diets. Our soybeans are processed into dry spaghetti noodles to preserve their nutrients, including protein, making them ideal for vegans and vegetarians.
- Non-gmo & All Natural: kids, adults, men, and women can all benefit from this pasta that is free from harmful additives and loaded with protein (24g per 2 oz. Serving) and dietary fiber, more so than other vegetable-based pasta. Try it in a soup!
- Kickstart healthy eating: are you trying to eat better? Our edamame spaghetti is a great place to start. It’s heart healthy, low in calories, and contains no trans fat or cholesterol. It has protein and iron to keep you energized throughout the day.
- Great for quick & easy meals: edamame spaghetti makes a delicious quick meal. Put it in your child’s lunch box with his favorite sauce for a fun, healthy entree. College students who need nutritious snacks and meals will love it too!
- Seapoint Farms edamame: edamame is a specialty Soybean harvested from its green pod when the seeds are still immature. Edamame is naturally gluten-free, low in calories, Non-GMO, and an excellent source of protein, iron, and calcium.
SOLELY Organic Dried Spaghetti Squash, 1.76 oz | One Ingredient: Spaghetti Squash | Naturally Gluten Free | Non-GMO | Low Carb and Keto-Friendly | Quick and Easy to Prepare
- ONE INGREDIENT: Organic gently dried spaghetti squash and nothing else!
- CLEAN FOOD PROMISE: We use the whole and simple ingredients listed on the front of our package. Never added sugars, preservatives or additives of any kind.
- FARM TO PLATE: Our spaghetti Squash is picked fresh at our Solely Certified Organic Farms. After baking, the squash is hand cut and oven-dried to make it easy to prepare at home!
- LOW CARB OPTION: Use it anywhere you would use traditional pasta. Toss with sauteed vegetables and olive oil or with your favorite pasta sauce!
- GET YOUR VEGGIES: Each portion equals one serving of your recommended daily vegetable requirements.
Natural Heaven Lasagna Hearts of Palm Noodles Substitute - 1 Pack of 9 oz - Low Carb, Gluten Free, Keto Friendly, Vegan, Paleo, Non Gmo, High Fiber, Plant Based, 1 Count 9 oz
- ONLY 70 CALORIES PER BOX and 11g of carbs per box, No Sugar.
- ALL NATURAL, the hearts of palm noodles have only ONE ingredient, Hearts of palm shredded in shape of pasta thats guarantees a texture similar to regular al dente pasta
- BETTER THAN REGULAR PASTA, comparing to the other pasta Lasagna hearts of palm pasta is 93% fewer caloric than regular pasta
- SUSTAINABLE To produce Natural Heaven Pasta we use (bactris Gasipaes) Is A Sustainable Species Of Hearts Of Palm and HAND MADE labor preserving human work instead of complete automation
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK: for us, it is straight forward: if you, by any chance, do not like our products, please feel free to CONTACT US, send your order number and we will refund you. You can do that anytime and we promise no hassle at all. We want your purchase experience with us to be as smooth as possible. No questions asked. Valid for purchase made within the past 30 days
EXPLORE CUISINE Organic Edamame Pasta (2/1.1 LB) (Net Wt 2.2 LB), 2.2 lb
- PLANT PROTEIN. MADE SIMPLE. - Explore Cuisine is easy-to-make food that’s good and good for you. It’s high protein. High fiber. And it’s organic. We know that simple changes can make a big impact.
- CLEAN, SIMPLE INGREDIENTS - All Explore Cuisine pastas are USDA Certified Organic, non-GMO, gluten free, vegan & kosher. Never any added flavorings, binders or gums.
- SUPER TASTY NUTRITION - Our Organic Edamame Spaghetti is nutrient dense & low in carbohydrates compared to traditional pasta. Plus, each 2-oz serving contains 24g of protein and 13g of fiber.
- EASY TO MAKE - These gluten-free noodles cook just like traditional pasta and are ready in minutes. Making a quick, tasty meal for the entire family has never been so simple!
Summing this all we can say that the mummy is a vegetable that is rich in minerals and vitamins and has many significant uses and benefits for the human body but along with that it has a high ratio of carbohydrates due to which we cannot consider edamame keto friendly. This data is is a brief answer to the question is edamame keto friendly or not.